All sessions of the conference will be held at the CENTRO CONGRESSI "LE BENEDETTINE", located in Piazza S. Paolo a Ripa D'Arno 16, 56125 Pisa, Italy.
1. HOW TO REACH CENTRO CONGRESSI "LE BENEDETTINE":
- FROM PISA AIRPORT:
Get the train “PISA MOVER” at the terminal outside Pisa Airport. Get off at the Central Railway station of Pisa. For more info follow this link: http://pisa-mover.com/en/i-servizi/tariffe/
- FROM PISA CENTRALE RAILWAY STATION:
By bus LAM ROSSA, LAM VERDE, n° 2, n°4, n° 13 n°21, n°22: Get off at "CRISPI 2" stop, walk 50 meters to Arno river, then turn left on "Lungarno SONNINO" road, until n° 18.By bus n°6 or n°21: Get off at "SAN PAOLO A RIPA D'ARNO".
2. ROOMS AT RESIDENCE "LE BENEDETTINE"
Some rooms will be available for EPSSE participants at the Residence "Le Benedettine". The residence is part of the same complex in which the conference will take place, and is therefore a very convenient accommodation. The address is: Lungarno Sonnino 19, Pisa.
You can reserve a room by writing an email to: email@example.com
(please, specify that you are a scholar invited to participate at the EPSSE conference organized by professor Alessandra Fussi).
Residence Le Benedettine is the official guest house of Pisa University and provides accommodations for visiting students, researchers and professors only.
Housed in the homonymous former monastery on Lungarno Sonnino - in the heart of the old town – it is located just a few hundred meters from all public transport terminals, the main academical institutions of the city, their schools and departments and it's perfectly suitable for short, medium and long term stays.
For those seeking for a long term accommodation, it is possible to book a room for a maximum of 3 months, and then renew.
For a few days stay, solutions and rates are as following:
Single room: 35,00 € daily rate; 200,00 € weekly rate (7 nights)
Single room + kitchen: 40,00 € daily rate; 250,00 € weekly rate (7 nights)
Double room (twin beds/double beds); 35,00 € daily rate; 225,00 € weekly rate (7 nights)
Double room for single use + kitchen: 60,00 € daily rate; 380,00 € weekly rate (7 nights)
- Rates do not include City of Pisa taxes, payable with the balance.
The amount is € 1.50 per person per day until the 3rd night of stay in low season (first Sunday in November to last Sunday before Easter) and until the 5th night of stay in high season (last Monday before Easter to first Sunday in November)
- Double rooms are provided with double bed or with two twin beds. To book a double room, two people have to make a request.
Included services are:
- Reception 7 am/12 pm;
- Electronic key access 12 pm/8 am;
- Weekly change of bed linen;
- Towels replacement every 3/4 days of stay;
- Free wi-fi in rooms and common areas (network and credentials issued by University of Pisa);
- Bike parking.
- Internal phone for free calls within the local telephone network;
- LAN cable (network and credentials issued by University of Pisa);
- Bathroom with shower;
- Room heating;
- In rooms requiring it, kitchen cabinet with furniture.
- Coin laundry and dry service on ground floor;
- Relaxing area with shared microwave and coin machines dispensing snacks, hot and cold drinks and meals;
- Study room on first floor;
The rooms set aside for us at The Benedettine will be available on a first come first serve basis, so they will likely fill up quickly.
3. OTHER OPTIONS
Hotel Bologna: via Giuseppe Mazzini 57, 56125 Pisa
Phone (+39) 050 502120
Fax (+39) 050 43070
Royal Victoria Hotel: Lungarno Pacinotti 12, 56126 Pisa
Phone +39 050 940 111
Fax +39 050 940 180
Hotel Novecento: via Roma 37, 56126 Pisa
Phone +39 050 500323
Fax +39 050 9910280
Casa San Tommaso: via San Tommaso 11, 56126 Pisa
(this is a cheaper option; good value)
Phone: +39 050830782
You can find good alternatives also on airbnb.
WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU RESERVE AN ACCOMODATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IN JUNE PISA WILL BE VISITED BY MANY TOURISTS, AND THE CITY CAN FILL UP QUICKLY.